Dark Chocolate Pave
Dark Chocolate Pave – A Classic Fine Dining Recipe
Kicking off our series of classic fine dining recipes is the exquisite Dark Chocolate Pave. This has always been one of the great favourites at BANG. We’ve persuaded Phil our Head Chef to share the secret of his wonderful chocolate dessert.
- 1 packet digestive biscuits
- 100g cocoa powder
- Melted butter (enough to bind mix)
- 750g sugar
- 250ml water
- 6 whole eggs
- 9 egg whites
- 10 gelatine
- 900g dark chocolate melted
- 1500g whipped cream
- 300g choc melted
- 500ml cream just brought to the boil
- Make base first, mould onto gastro tray and set.
- Heat water and sugar to 120 degrees.
- Whisk all eggs on highest speed for 15mins.
- When eggs are thick and pale add sugar mix slowly.
- Add melted gelatine to eggs.
- Divide mixture into 2 bowls, add chocolate to one then add remaining mix.
- Fold in cream, pour onto base mixture and set.
- For the ganache, melt chocolate and whisk in cream until glossy.
- Pour on top of pave and chill.
Find out more about the BANG fine dining experience >>.